Tuesday 24 January 2012

verona - romeo & juliet

Whilst in Venice I persuaded my boyfriend to go to Verona for the day, the home of Romeo & Juliet, well the story of Romeo & Juliet!

After spotting a Lush whilst walking to the train station, we bought our 8 tickets & boarded the train for a 2 hour journey to Verona.

The balcony, as my boyfriend pointed out, was literally just a balcony, but to me it felt so romantic.  There was writing over every inch of wall of the courtyard, one wall in the house & the tomb, as well as padlocks chained to the gate in the courtyard.  It was nice to see so much love in one place!





Touching Juliet's right breast is supposed to bring good luck.



Juliet's Tomb




After dragging my boyfriend around Juliet's places, we ate a lovely pasta dish in a restaurant on the main shopping area.  So we both went back to our Venice hotel happy :)



I write this whilst at work (ssshhhh!!) dreaming of another holiday!  I finish my part time job in a high store this week & begin full time work at my Dad's company in the office.  The job is more related to business & maths, so will hopefully give me good experience for my career in Buying/Merchandising.

I've been to applying to yet more jobs & received an online assessment to complete.  I have also purchased a Buying book, which I will be reading everyday.  Hopefully my dream job is near!

No comments:

Post a Comment