Wednesday 16 May 2012

holiday packing tips

With the weather in England being so unpredictable at the moment (one minute its sunny, then the next a huge downpour!) the one thing I can look forward is hot summer holidays on the beach.

Normally on a summer holiday I take checked in baggage, this year I have decided to only take a carry on bag, so I need to pack light, but practical.  The bag I am taking is the Ted Baker Paris suitcase.  Since my lovely boyfriend bought me this for Christmas, it has already been on 4 trips.



English Seaside
The first of my summer holiday trips is a weekend by the English seaside in North Devon.  Even though I am going at the beginning of July, sunny weather can not be guaranteed! 

5 Essential Items
1. Vests and tees for layering
2. Chunky knits for cold nights
3. Pac-a-parka to keep dry if there are any surprise showers!
4. Snood perfect to keep cosy on the long car journey
5. Comfy pair of stretch jeans or leggings for long walks along the coast and countryside



City/Beach Break in the South of France
The second of my summer trips is to the gorgeous South of France.  The last time I visited this lovely region was about 5 or 6 years ago, on one of my last family holidays.  This year I am hoping to join my family for a couple of days lying on the beach and soaking up some French culture.

5 Essential Items
1. Orange Gilly Hicks Leather Sandals, perfect for the beach to city transition
2. Striped bikini for lazy days on the beach
3. Kindle for a good read on the beach
4. Maxi dress to wear to dinner in the evening and as a beach cover up
5. Tinted Mositurer, wearing foundation in the sun feels to heavy.  I love the Benefit "You Rebel 
     Lite" and it has SPF 15, so doubles as sun protection too!



Clubbing Holiday in Ibiza
For the 3rd summer in a row I'm off to the party island for a week of cheap cocktails and dancing until the sun comes up.  In Ibiza it's important to wear comfortable clothing as a night out can last up to 6 to 8 hours!

5 Essential Items
1. A cute playsuit for every night
2. Florescent coloured bikini
3. Jelly sandals, I bought some last year from River Island
4. A travel sized fruity perfume or body spray to keep in your bag
5. A pastel coloured cross the body bag, at the moment I am loving this pastel green one from 
     River Island







No comments:

Post a Comment