Tuesday 15 March 2011

Week 7 - Fabric & Market Research

So today I took a trip to Shepherds Bush with some friends to visit the fabric shops.  It was the first time I have been and I found so many good quality fabrics at really good prices.  As I was in the area I could not resist taking a trip to the lovely Westfields of course!

I decided to take a look at the new Abercrombie & Fitch "sister" store, Gilly Hicks.  I have never really been that interested in A&F or Hollister, but after seeing a review on youtube of GH (& the cute carrier bags!) I have found that I really like the clothing and underwear.  I bought a pair of navy shorts which we £18 & I thought was a reasonable price.  Since I arrived home I have looked on the website & found lots more gorgeous stuff. 






Also, I looked in Pull & Bear for the first time & fell in love with the printed tees.  I was told it is a Spanish company, so after looking online found out there are quite a few stores in Barcelona & the north of Spain, which is where I am going in 4 weeks so will definitely be saving room in my suitcase!

The main reason for going to Westfields, was to look at branding and promotion already used in the retail industry, which now I will document for my marketing research before making my own logo.

As well as looking in London for fabrics, I have actually found my main fabric on ebay, a khaki nylon, for £1 per metre!  Another online site I have been buying fabric is Eternal Maker, which supplies really cute printed cotton such as ditsy, polka dot & gingham.  The fabrics are not cheap & is sold in 25cm quantities.  I also bought a Paris map fabric, which is not for my collection, but I really liked it so might make a cushion cover out of it instead.


Thanks for reading :)




No comments:

Post a Comment